Connect with us

General News

I Stabbed My Husband To Death – Woman Confesses To Court

Published

on

I Stabbed My Husband To Death - Woman Confesses To Court

Elizabeth Wawira, a middle-aged woman confessed to stabbing her husband to death on July 18, 2021.

 The woman who comes from  Embu on Thursday said she fatally killed Ngari Mbaka at their Ngiori Village home in Mbeere South following a drunken fight.

Mr Mbaka was confirmed dead at the Embu Level 5 Hospital a few days into his treatment.

Miss Elizabeth Wawira had earlier denied killing her spouse.

But, on Thursday, she notified the court that she wanted to change her plea, saying she’d entered into a negotiated agreement with the prosecution.

The accused told Embu High Court judge Lucy Njuguna that she did not intend to kill her partner, and that she accidentally stabbed him during a domestic fight.

Wawira said she and Mbaka were drunk during the dispute.

“On that day, my husband arrived home at 9:30pm. He handed over to me a few tomatoes and meat for dinner. As I was preparing the meat, a fight broke between us,” said Wawira.

It was during the melee that she stabbed Mbaka in the abdomen.

Mbaka was rescued by his brother, who took him to the Embu Level 5 Hospital for treatment. The victim, however, died while undergoing treatment.

Postmortem indicated that Mbaka died of injuries in the abdomen.

Mr Leah Mati who led the prosecution prayed the court that Wawira was seeking a noncustodial sentence.

Her lawyer, Muthoni Ndeke, told Justice Lucy Njuguna that her client was remorseful.

Ndeke asked the court to issue a lenient sentence on Wawira, saying the suspect is her family’s sole bread-winner, and that her children aged 17 and 10 have been suffering since she was taken into custody.

Justice Njuguna ordered that a pre-sentencing report be prepared and submitted to the court ahead of December 6, 2021 mention.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

General News

Anwar’s Classic 1978 Car Still Goes Strong

Published

on

Anwar’s Classic 1978 Car Still Goes Strong

For 44 years, Azar Anwar’s BMW, number plate KRW 786 has been on the road. It is one of the oldest classic cars in the country.

It has been in the East African Mini Classic Rally besides comping kilometers in mileage. It is still going strong. Now, Anwar, one of the most decorated rally drivers in the country having won a number of top championships, wants his machine back on the race.

The BMW stands out as one of Azar’s motorsport creations but this time on the classical side of the motor sport.

“The BMW is my creation and so far I have not found another one like it in the world…”

According to him, the car is a 1978 model which was sold in Kenya while still brand new. After years of use, it was dumped for 15 years after which he re-modelled it to fit its current state.

The car is a budget build; meaning it has been made out of locally sourced materials as this was relatively cheaper.

With three years of research and work time, the champion rally driver has been able to make several changes to the machine to qualify it as a classic car; all these to fit the rules for categorising it as one according to rally rules.

“This is a classic car. The way you see it, it is must have been produced before 1985 December. This is inclusive of the engines and transmitters. Because it’s a unique car, I really struggled looking for the parts and also I had to create, design and engineer things to make it work. The reason I chose to build that car is because motorsport runs to rules. These are classic cars and classic rally favours cars with large engines,” noted Anwar.

Classic cars are allowed to make some modifications but still maintain the classic standards.

Anwar goes ahead to state that he chose to sacrifice the size and weight of the car for power thus installing a 3.5-liter fuel injection engine whose cutoff date is before 1985.

He has incorporated stronger rims, stronger rally tires, rally seats and the roll cage plus suspensions and safety equipment.

Continue Reading

General News

Mohamed Maalim Replaces Natembeya As Rift Valley RC

Published

on

Mohamed Maalim Replaces Natembeya As Rift Valley RC

Mohamed Ahmed Maalim has been transferred from Makueni to replace George Natembeya as Rift Valley Regional Commissioner.

Maalim was the County Commissioner for Makueni County.

The transfer comes after Natembeya announced his resignation on Wednesday as he steps out to focus on politics.

He will be contesting for the Trans Nzoia governorship.

Gilbert Kitiyo Benjamin from Mombasa takes over as the Makueni County Commissioner.

Natembeya has been re-deployed to the Nairobi Headquarters.

“I am on my way to Nakuru and will be meeting Natembeya at 11am today so that he hands over to me,” Maalim said when reached for comment.

In the same changes, William Kangethe Thuku has been moved from Headquarters to take over as the Nairobi Regional Commissioner, Isaiah Aregai moves from Eastern to the Western region while Esther Wamuyu Maina moves from Western to Central region.

James Kyalo Kianda has been moved from Nairobi to the North-Eastern region while Evans Mong’are Achoki who has been serving as the Narok County Commissioner has been moved to the Eastern region, Wilfred Agage Nyanwanga and Nichodemus Ndalana have been redeployed to the Nairobi Headquarters from Central and North Eastern regions respectively.

In a statement from Interior Principal Secretary Karanja Kibicho, the transfers take effect immediately.

Kibicho said several County Commissioners have also been moved.

Rhoda Nyaboke Onyancha has been moved to Machakos from Taita Taveta, Abdulla Galgalo Hiddi from Embu to Nyeri, John Otieno Ondego from Machakos to Kakamega and Loyford Ephuntus Kibaara from Nyeri to Taita Taveta county.

Abdirisack Jaldesa has been moved from Samburu to Baringo county, Ahamed Omar Ahmed from Elgeyo Marakwet to Busia, Henry Orawo Wafula from Baringo to Samburu, Pauline Anyango Dola from Kakamega to Nyanza county while Jesse Ochillo Oyugi has been redeployed to the Nairobi headquarters from Vihiga County.

John Odhiambo Otieno who was the Senior Deputy County Commissioner in Samburu County has been moved to Vihiga while Eddyson Haro Nyale and Isaac Wanyonyi Masinde, who were Senior Deputy Secretaries at the OOP Headquarters, have been moved to Embu and Narok respectively.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending