Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Storeman to safely and efficiently receive, bin and issue items to mill customers correctly and timeously according to mill standards and procedures.
This role reports to the Stores Supervisor.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Adhere to all the safe work procedures or best operating practices (BOP’s) of the stores area, by conducting the work as per the specified standards.
- Minimize environmental impact by managing waste and scrap received in the salvage yard and ensuring it is correctly segregated
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping and safety in the engineering stores as per the safety process. Identify, communicate and mitigate any risks within the engineering store and report any deviations to the chief storekeeper
- Unload goods (direct to plant goods, fuel and stock) delivered to the mill and inspect according to quantity and quality and report deviations to the senior receiver for further action.
- Mark goods received by indicating the correct material number, order number and customer details to trace and monitor the movement of goods in the store.
- Receive Items on SAP by raising a Goods Receipt Note (GRN) by recording information as per the delivery note on the SAP system.
- Bin stocks received in their respective bin locations on the day received maintaining an adequate supply of stock.
- Inspect goods to be binned to confirm quantities and bin locations are correct.
- Re-bin and relocate stock items where necessary including new stock.
- Register and input bin balance count and rotable equipment details on SAP
- Receive and verify fuel deliveries and confirm product and quality received
- Manage backorders placed on the holding rack by contacting and issuing goods to customers as per the picking slip and update inventory on SAP.
- Handle stock items in a careful and safe manner and ensure packaging remains undamaged and uncontaminated.
- File GRN’s and pick up slips in numerical order and maintain information received for future reference.
- Update stock balance by verifying bin balance and combining with goods received, highlight and investigate any identified difference with the stores supervisor
- Complete stock counts on an ongoing basis by verifying goods against stock count sheets, completing a physical count of all goods and verifying that each item counted conforms with the description on the count sheet.
- Operate Overhead crane and forklift with the applicable license to load, unload, stack and de-stack when goods are received and issued
- Rotate equipment shafts according to stock preservation schedule and legend.
- Issue fuel to company vehicles and material handling equipment by recording the necessary details on the fuel register and submit the register to the Administration clerk for further processing.
- Issue spares according to customers pick slip by locating the item in the bin location, picking required items, handing over to customer and updating count of remaining items.
- Capture all items issued on SAP to update inventory balance and stamp pick list accordingly
- Complete the QC register and transport items made to drawing for Quality inspection at the Central Workshop.
- Complete shift handover at the beginning and end of each shift and inform incoming shift of any urgent matters which were experienced with the previous shift.
- Liaise with customers and all key interfaces in a professional manner
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 (Maths and Science)
- 1 year experience within an engineering stores environment
- Knowledge of SAP with a forklift licence will be considered advantageous
- In compliance with the Department of Employment and Labour’s directive of 11 June 2021, Sappi’s risk assessment has identified this role as requiring mandatory Covid-19 vaccination, as an inherent requirement of the job.
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all new employees to be vaccinated when joining our One Sappi family. Show us your support by submitting your vaccine card when applying for our vacancies.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 25 November 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Similar Leanerships Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Leanerships Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Government Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Government Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Massive Reactions From Celebs And Fans As Diana Marua Launches Music Career As A Rapper
After numerous posts about a big announcement by singer Bahati, it’s official that his wife, YouTuber Diana Marua, is the latest female rapper in town.
The unexpected revelation came to light at the TradeMark hotel, Nairobi, on Sunday evening, where the new rapper, going by her stage name ‘Diana B’, performed her first song Hatutaachana.
The event was attended by a couple of celebrities including comedian Eric Omondi, singer Ringtone, YouTuber the WaJesus family, among others.
In videos shared on her Instagram, Diana, dressed in a sexy three-piece silver outfit paired with black and silver boots and stockings, made her debut as a rapper and entertained the crowd that cheered her on.
“Who Starts their Music Career at the Top. Like I Just Did??? Glory to God. Cameras <> Lights <> Action!!! and I Surprised the Audience. Tomorrow at 10 am I Premier My First Official Music Video On My YouTube Channel Subscribe. DROP ONE WORD FOR #DIANA_B AS I START MY MUSICAL JOURNEY,” Diana captioned one of the videos.
View this post on Instagram
While introducing his wife to the music industry, Bahati posted a video of her performance and captioned, “I present to you Kenya’s no.1 female rapper.”
On Monday morning, Diana released the official video for her new song on YouTube and has so far garnered 27,900 views in two hours.
Diana’s debut as a rapper seems to have elicited mixed reactions from fans and fellow celebrities who took to the comment section and shared their views.
Singer Akothee said, “Congratulations Sanaa all women pray to have a supportive husband like you be blessed Sanaa.”
YouTuber Mill WaJesus commented, “Congratulations and all the best in your new journey. You nailed it.”
One of her fans by the name Ndinda Cynthia said, “Eeeish am proud of you. you have been my role model and you will forever be am even lacking words right now but to be honest you deserve everything good that is happening to you to more wins. I love you.”
Another fan, Jaber Malkia said, “Congratulations darling. I love your spirit, continue working hard I love you so much and I’ll always be your number one fun.”
Other fans even went ahead and compared her to rappers Cardi B and Nicki Minaj.
Some were, however, not impressed with Diana’s debut as a rapper.
It’s All A Lie: Huddah Takes A Shot At Davido Donation Claim
Popular Kenyan Socialite Huddah Monroe has taken a swipe at Nigerian rockstar, Davido after the latter announced he will donate over N250million to orphanages across Nigeria.
Huddah Monroe has criticised the recent donations declared by Nigerian singer Davido.
She took to social media to say that some celebrities do these things for clout.
According to the socialite, she said some of the donations reported by celebrities are lies orchestrated to push their brand visibility.
Sharing a screenshot of Davido’s recent donation, the founder and CEO of Huddah Cosmetics claimed it was a lie, saying that Davido does not intend to donate the money he collected during his birthday drive.
“Big cap but okay,” Huddah wrote.
Huddah said evidence must be produced after celebrities donate large amounts of cash, otherwise, it could easily be dismissed as a PR stunt.
“We are yet to see the saved children or schools built, or shelters, maybe there is. I just haven’t heard coz $14 million is not small change,” she added.
Justifying her claims, Huddah admitted that folks lie but challenged celebrities to a minimum of do the bare minimum, then shout about it rather than promising to try and do it and so vanish through nullity.
“Donations are a way to just lie. We all lie but just do the bare minimum, show us then talk,” Huddah wrote.
Her bold statement around donations came when Davido revealed that he had donated the cash given by his fans to orphanages in Nigeria.
Through social media, the award-winning singer revealed that he had raised over NGN 250 million (Sh68 million) through the drive that lasted just over two days.
He said he is passionate about giving back to society, and that he received Sh54 million from friends. Davido pledged to top it up with around Sh14 million and selected a team to oversee the distribution of the funds.
“The committee will compile a list of orphanages across Nigeria. They will determine the number of children and their needs at each orphanage and then divide the funds accordingly.
To maintain transparency, the committee will make public names of the beneficiary orphanages and how much each will receive,” wrote Davido.