As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, the role holder will be our brand ambassador in attracting top talent into our organization. The role holder will partner with the People Partners and People Managers to deliver the full spectrum of Talent Acquisition practices as defined within Absa while ensuring a positive hiring manager and candidate experience.
Talent Acquisition: 70%
- Provide input to ensure that teams consist of diverse, qualified the establishment of a diverse pool of talent to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and candidate selection criteria.
- Source applicants through online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks.
- Assist to plan and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline.
- Assess and shortlist candidates’ suitability for specific roles.
- Manage the engagement between candidates, hiring managers, People Business Partners (PBP’s) from first point of contact until the on-boarding process through continuous feedback to business and candidates.
- Support in psychometric assessments, assessment and development centres for different roles and development resulting actions plans.
- Provide post interview responses and feedback to candidates.
- Support in building People Manager capability in talent acquisition processes and system proficiency.
- Manage the internship program and support the talent acquisition process for our supplementary workforce.
- Research talent acquisition trends to improve the policies and processes.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements within the talent acquisition space e.g., NEA reporting.
- Assist with other talent acquisition administrative duties and special assignments/projects.
Reporting and Metrics: 20%
- Manage and update the vacancy tracker for the business to enable monitoring of performance against sourcing plan.
- Provide input required to create reports, measure metrics, and access the effectiveness of our recruitment process and SLAs.
- Participate in conducting hiring manager satisfaction surveys and improve the experience.
Management Governance: 10%
- Acts as Talent Acquisition quality controller and maintain Talent Acquisition standards at best practice within business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or a similar field
- Professional certification in HR
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Talent Acquisition and candidate on-boarding in high growth areas with a record of execution of workforce plans
- Experience in continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Experience in managing Graduate Management and internship programs is added advantage
- Experience in managing Applicants Tracking Systems (e.g Taleo, Workday , Oracle)
- ‘A doer’. Hands on and energetic in follow through to see actions into completion.
Knowledge and skills
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision making
- Proficiency in Workday Recruiting module
- Understanding of the People screening environment
- Knowledge of the Kenya labour laws especially Employment Act
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Human and Social Studies (Required)
Closing Date :7th December 2023
HOW TO APPLY
Senior Sales Officer – Office Furniture at Flexi-Personnel
Formulate and execute initiatives to enhance furniture sales in current client accounts while also pinpointing and securing new business prospects. Cultivate robust connections with commercial real estate entities, architectural and design communities, and corporate clients. Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer experiences and offer hands-on guidance regarding the latest office design, furniture products, and services. Take charge of guiding and directing sales executives within the office to achieve success.
This comprehensive role covers a wide range of tasks, from design and technical aspects to sales and marketing. The individual in this position needs to be versatile, detail-oriented, and proactive in identifying and capitalizing on sales opportunities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales and Marketing Strategies
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies for the office furniture section.
- Provide support to the sales team to convert leads into sales.
- Actively seek new sales opportunities through various channels such as cold calling, networking, and social media platforms.
Site Survey and Design
- Conduct site surveys and produce working drawings and sketches using CAD.
- Create proposals for clients, including detailed floor layouts on CAD for internal use and showroom displays.
Office Furniture Section
- Visually merchandise the office furniture space to ensure all items are effectively displayed.
- Coordinate office furniture photo shoots
- Share with the marketing team, the items to be put on social media.
- Identify and promote new products in the market.
- Stay informed about new office furniture trends and market preferences.
- Manage office furniture inventory, sales, and stocks on a monthly basis.
Documentation and Reports
- Produce tender documentation, detailed drawing packages, quotations, and written specifications.
- Prepare and send required reports, including reports on quotations issued and follow-up reports.
- Offer technical support to the sales team.
- Attend to walk-in customers and respond to email queries.
- Follow up on the delivery of goods sold.
- Create and maintain a business plan for continued growth of market share.
- Develop accurate forecasts and consistently meet/exceed revenue quotas.
- Participate in professional association/group networking activities.
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design preferred.
- Prior 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proven track record of meeting targets.
- Computer skills & Ms Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Highly Analytical
- Great Interpersonal Skills.
- Great negotiation skills.
Closing Date :11 February. 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Research & Evaluation Lead at Founders Factory Africa (FFA)
Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is unlike any place else you’ve ever worked. We are venture builders dedicated to solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges and capitalizing on it’s incredible potential by leveraging market and tech opportunities.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced researcher with diverse quantitative and qualitative skills to spearhead the design and implementation of a number of research and M&E projects. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the impact assessment of innovative medical devices in low-resource settings and drive evidence-based decision-making. As the Research and Evaluation Lead, you will work closely with Neopenda senior management and take ownership of the company’s research and impact measurement strategy. The position is fast-paced and continuously evolving with emerging projects.
- Overseeing the design, planning, execution, and evaluation of clinical validation studies, feasibility assessments, and impact evaluations.
- Leading formative and summative evaluations for new products or product changes. This will include spearheading voice of customer research for our new cloud service neoCloud and conducting summative evaluations for our intermittent vital signs monitor, neoSpot.
- Update and align Neopenda’s clinical evaluation procedures with ISO 13485:2016 standards and other relevant guidelines, ensuring Neopenda’s commitment to the highest quality and regulatory standards.
- Driving Neopenda’s research, M&E and impact measurement strategy along our theory of change, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Providing management and leadership, both internally and externally, to the research coordinator and various implementation partners, ensuring smooth collaboration between cross-functional teams and project success.
- Leading the development and submission of grant applications to secure funding for additional research and business development objectives focused on new and existing products.
- Supporting accurate data collection through training of on-site research staff and provision of technical oversight to ensure projects are implemented with fidelity.
- Fostering and improving research and data management best practices at Neopenda, including adherence to research ethics, and optimization of data analysis, security and utilization procedures.
- Managing databases and preparing data sets from a variety of sources; conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses to translate into actionable insights.
- Developing compelling data visualizations, study reports, abstracts, peer-reviewed publications and other research products to communicate our research findings.
- Participating in management and reporting of grant-funded projects, ensuring compliance with deliverables and timelines.
- Strengthening and expanding Neopenda’s partnerships with a variety of external stakeholders including community partners, government officials, research collaborators and regulatory agents.
- A Master’s degree in public health, medical statistics, epidemiology or related field.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative skills and a strong understanding of a range of research methods.
- 7+ years of healthcare research experience, with at least 2-3 years in a management role.
- Experience at a startup, preferably in a medical technology or healthcare-related domain.
- Demonstrated success in grant writing, with previous experience as a lead author and/or co-author.
- Ability to effectively organize, self-manage and prioritize diverse tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with analytical software and visualization tools, including Excel, R, STATA and Tableau.
- Experience with electronic data capture systems such as REDCap, TrialKit and CastorEDC.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and oral) with a demonstrated ability to distill and disseminate research findings to a wide public audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with high effectiveness in influencing, networking and problem solving to overcome project bottlenecks.
- Capacity to work collaboratively across teams and flexibility to occasionally operate outside regular hours to support team members and external partners across different time zones.
- Excitement for building impactful technology and ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Openness to learning and growing in a dynamic role, and be comfortable wearing multiple hats.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 15 February. 2024